SEO—Search Engine Optimization— is a very important aspect for all businesses with a website. Why? Simply because SEO is the most effective way of bringing organic (unpaid) traffic to your website, and without traffic, you can’t achieve anything with your website.
SEO is a series of on-page and off-page optimization techniques and strategies to improve the site’s ranking on the SERP (Search Engine Results Page), which will, in turn, improve organic traffic. Getting professional help from a trustworthy SEO agency or specialist can help your website in improving its search engine ranking, getting a reliable source of organic traffic and generate more leads.
Your site’s SERP ranking is based on Google’s (and other search engines’) ranking algorithms, that don’t only factor keyword optimizations, but also weigh in other factors like average dwell time, bounce rate, and other ranking factors.
So, it’s very important to know which areas of your website to optimize enabling you to achieve SEO results.
8 Tips in Achieving SEO Results
Here are the top 8 tips to achieve SEO Results you can implement today to boost your search rankings in 2020 and drive more organic traffic to your website.
Since 2015, Google prioritizes mobile-first and mobile-friendly sites to rank on SERP so making sure your website is optimized for mobile devices is extremely important in helping your website rank.
We’ll start rolling out an update to mobile search results that increases the effect of the ranking signal to help our users find even more pages that are relevant and mobile-friendly.”
If your site is not optimized for mobile, it will result in search ranking penalties until the matter is solved. But don’t stress a lot of CMS such as WordPress and themes designed for it are already optimized for mobile making your life a little easier.
Not sure if your website is mobile friendly? Use Google Mobile-Friendly Test.
2. Proper Keyword Research
Targeting the right keyword(s) is a central aspect of any SEO strategy. Make sure your target keyword is:
- Relevant and valuable for your target audience, signified with a high monthly search volume.
- Valuable for your brand/business. Not all keywords that are popular with your audience will be relevant for your brand.
- Depending on your resources and timeline, the competition for the keyword must be manageable.
3. Content is King
Content is the most important element of SEO. When your content is high-quality and relevant, it will climb the SERP naturally, and the other SEO tactics will only amplify/speed up the process. On the other hand, no amount of optimizations can help a weak, low-quality content.
4. Improve Page Load Speed
Bounce rate is now a direct ranking signal, and according to Google, sites that load more than 3 seconds (3g connection) will receive 50% more bounce.
Because of the importance of page speed on user experience, Google rolled out a new page speed update to their algorithm in July 2018. This makes speed a critical factor for everyone
If your site is slow it will have an effect in your rankings, so it’s important you optimize your overall site speed not just for Google but all user experience.
5. Optimize Website Interface
Make sure your site has a proper layout, and optimize your site’s navigation menu. That is, make sure your site is easy to navigate around so users can easily move from one page to another. The idea is to keep the user as long as possible on your site, improving dwell time.
6. Optimizing Title Tag, URL, and META Description
Click-through rate (CTR) of your search result is another important ranking factor, and optimizing these three will optimize your CTR. Make sure they are comprehensive and attractive for the human audience.
7. Images and Videos
Using images and videos can engage site visitors longer, and thus will improve dwell time. Include attractive, high-quality images and videos on your site, and don’t forget to optimize alt tags.
8. Optimize Your Link Profile
There are three kinds of links that will be relevant for SEO:
- Inbound links/backlinks: the most important of the three. Backlinks are like the vote of confidence’ of the internet. When a site link yours, it’s saying that your site is credible and trustworthy
- External links: links coming from your site to third-party sites. It’s important not only to show your site visitors that you are a credible site with reliable sources of information but to tell Google about the context of your site.
- Internal links: maintaining a healthy internal linking structure is important to tell Google how different pages in your site are related to each other.
Use these top tips to ensure the best SEO efforts for your online business! If you’re struggling to implement these tips yourself, why not let the experts handle it for you. To learn more about our SEO Services, contact us today and discover how we can help your business generate more organic traffic.