2019 Online Marketing Statistics
Today there are so many digital marketing channels which can become quite overwhelming for businesses and industry professionals, but with so many options available, opportunity comes beckoning. What you need to understand is not every digital medium is right for your business. Thought, calculations, and research need to go into any digital strategy you wish to invest in.
Below we have compiled a list of online marketing statistics that might surprise you, as well open your eyes to some opportunities you can take advantage all be it, it’s right for your business.
Search Engine Optimization Statistics
- Growing SEO is the biggest priority for 61% of companies.
- Effective SEO practices provide a conversion rate of 14.6%.
- Off-page SEO makes up 75% of a good SEO strategy.
- Relevancy is the most important SEO-improving factor for 72% of marketers
- Search engines are the source of 93% of your web traffic.
- At least 50% of searches will be based on voice or image by 2020
- More than 50% of search queries feature long-tail keywords
- More than half of web traffic is driven by organic search results
- Refurbishing your old blog posts can boost traffic by over 111%
- Organic SEO is over five times more effective than PPC advertising
- After a search is performed, 70% of clicks are on organic results
Mobile Search Stats
- Mobile browsing makes up 69% of all digital media time.
- Mobile traffic was the source of 52.2% of web traffic in 2018.
- eCommerce occurs predominantly on smartphones.
- Mobile-optimized sites are more trusted by 51% of consumers.
Local SEO Stats
- 88% of consumers will interact with that business within 24 hours after making a mobile search.
- Almost all consumers check the internet to learn more about a local business.
- Businesses that show up on the first page of results get 92% of consumer traffic.
- Local information is the goal of 46% of all Google searches.
- SERPS will send 70% of consumers to a physical store that’s relevant to their search results.
- Local searches result in purchases 28% of the time.
- 56% of local retailers haven’t claimed their businesses on Google.
- Positive reviews result in trust for 73% of consumers.
Content Marketing Statistics
- 55% of marketers say blog content creation is their top inbound marketing priority.
- One in ten blog posts is compounding, meaning organic search increases their traffic over time.
- Compounding blog posts makeup 10% of all blog posts and generate 38% of overall traffic.
- Over its lifetime, one compounding blog post creates as much traffic as six decaying posts.
- 9% of marketers plan to add Medium to their marketing efforts in the next 12 months.
- Content marketing gets three times more leads than paid search advertising.
- 45% of B2C marketers believe visual content is their most important type of content.
- According to 72% of marketers, content creation is the most effective SEO tactic.
- Improved posts can increase blog traffic by up to 2,000%.
- Companies with active blogs have 434% more indexed pages than competitors.
- Blogs are important business tools for 81% of businesses.
SEO Link Stats
- Link building is the hardest SEO task for 65% of marketers.
- Backlinking reached a second peak in 2017.
- Backlinking costs approximately $1,000 per month for 35% of clients.
- 53% of SEO clients spend 25% or less of their SEO budget on link building.
Google SEO Statistics
- Google makes up 71.8% of search traffic worldwide.
- The top position on page one of a Google search result has a CTR of 34.36.
- Sites that make the first page on Google have an average of 1,890 meta words.
- You’re 53% more likely to show up on the first page of Google if you have a video on your home page.
- Google ads are ignored by about 80% of users.
- 44% of website referral traffic goes through Google.
Social Media Stats
- 58% of businesses that have been using social media for over a year have noted increased SEO rankings.
- Social media is a somewhat or highly integrated aspect of the SEO strategy of 74% of businesses.
- Before making a purchase, 86% of women will check out a product on social media.
- If you engage in social media, 40% of consumers will feel more comfortable doing business with you.
- Of the 2.1 billion total Facebook accounts, 270 million profiles are fake.
- Instagram hit 1 billion monthly users in June 2018, after hitting 800 million monthly users in September.
- In the past two years, content consumption on LinkedIn has increased by 21%.
Video Marketing Stats
- By the end of 2019, 85% of USA web traffic will be video-related.
- If you have a video thumbnail in your search results, your search traffic will double.
- Video content is 50 times more likely to drive organic search results than text.
- Emails that contain video have 96% higher click-through rates.
- 75% of millennials watch video on social media daily.
- In an average month, eight out of ten 18-to-49-year-olds watch YouTube videos.
- Almost 50% of Internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store.
Email Marketing Statistics
- 54% of marketers say increasing engagement rate is their top email marketing priority.
- Marketers who send emails on Tuesdays get the highest open rates.
- 56% of brands using an emoji in their email subject line had a higher open rate than those that did not.
- Emails that included the first name of the recipient in their subject line had higher clickthrough rates than emails that did not.
- Spam email is more likely to bypass security filters today than it was in the recent past.
- 42% of marketers do not send targeted email messages; only 4% use layered targeting.
- About 49% of businesses use some form of email automation.
- 86% of professionals prefer to use email when communicating for business purposes.
- 78% of consumers have unsubscribed from emails because a brand was sending too many emails.
- 73% of companies surveyed prioritize mobile device optimization of emails.
- Almost every report on email open rates concludes that mobile is responsible for at least 50% of all opens.
- 87% of people say there are more ads than two years ago.
- Adblocker Plus, the most popular ad blocking app, has reached 300 million downloads worldwide.
- 64% of ad blocker users do so because they believe ads are annoying or intrusive.
- 91% of people say ads are more intrusive today than two years ago.
- 73% of people dislike pop-up ads.
- 4 out of 5 of people have left a webpage because of a pop-up or autoplaying video ad.
- 34% of consumers say they have mistakenly clicked on an online ad.
- 70% of people dislike mobile ads.
- Marketers and advertisers are putting 51% of their budget into mobile ads.
- Google drives 95% of all paid search ad clicks on mobile.
- 64.6% of people click on Google ads when they are looking to buy an item online.
- The average conversion rate in AdWords across all industries is 2.7% on the search network and 0.89% on the display network.
- The average cost-per-click (CPA) in AdWords across all industries is $2.32 on the search network and $0.58 on the display network.
- 82% of consumers have closed a browser or exited a webpage because of an autoplaying online video ad.
- By 2021, video advertising will grow to a $22 billion industry.